Last updated April 12, 2019
When it comes to selling an old cell phone, there are a few options:
• You can trade it in towards a new cell or smartphone.
• You can put it up for auction on a site like eBay.
• You can sell it to a shop that buys used cell phones.
• You can recycle it for cash.
The question is, which one of these options will provide you with the most cash for your cell?
While to truly determine which venue will get you the most money for your used cell phone you would need to look into each one, to save time I can provide you with a bit of insight based upon my experiences.
• Trading it in towards a new cell or smartphone: generally, when you take this route, you are offered a minimum price for your cell. You may also have to sign up for a contract, which can cost you in the long run.
• Selling it to a shop: Like trading it in, the offer is usually low.
• Putting it up for auction: if you have a high-demand cell phone this may be your best option; however, auctions are strange things. Depending upon time, date, and luck you may get a lot or you may find you’ve just sold your cell phone for peanuts.
• Recycling for cash: for most cell phones, the highest offers come from recycle companies. Because they have multiple ways of using your old phone, they can offer more for them.
If you have the time to shop and compare, then you should; but remember, for most cells, recycling will get you the most cash for the least hassle.